VOLUME awards the best music video, which brings Macau original music to worldwide film makers to compete in the Macau International Short Film Festival by producing a music video based on Macau original music.
The music videos could be submitted through the following online platforms:
Click here to download the VOLUME submission form for submitting through email.
- MACAU INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (“FESTIVAL”) is an annual worldwide audio-visual festival which aims to motivate overseas and Macau music videos and short film productions to compete in this FESTIVAL.
- VOLUME awards the best MUSIC VIDEO (“MV”), which brings Macau original music to worldwide filmmakers to compete in the FESTIVAL by producing an MV based on one Macau original song.
- IMPORTANT DATES AND VENUE
- The submission opens from 16th March to 20th July 2021. Unless the FESTIVAL announces an extension, no submission will be accepted after this date.
- All MVs in the OFFICIAL SELECTION will be included in the public screening sessions from 2nd to 9th December 2021 during the FESTIVAL. The venue will be announced later.
- SUBMISSION TERMS
- VOLUME is open to anyone of any nationality and age.
- Submitted MVs must be completed between 1st January 2010 and 20th July 2021. Films selected in previous editions of the FESTIVAL will not be admitted.
- No submission fees.
- The FESTIVAL accepts only three original MVs by the same director(s).
- The entire soundtrack of the MV should ONLY contain the song itself in full length, with no more than 30 seconds allowed for intro and end credits.
- Filmmakers could use the listed soundtrack of original song (“LISTED SONG”) on the FESTIVAL website or any original song by Macau band (“BAND”).
- For non-LISTED SONG used, at least ONE MEMBER of the BAND must hold a valid Macau Resident ID Card (BIR) or Non-Resident Worker’s ID Card (Blue Card) or Authorization to Stay – Student Type.
- The BAND of the LISTED SONG on the FESTIVAL website gave consent to the song to be used exclusively in the production of MVs for the submission to VOLUME. Any other purposes require the authorization from the owner of the LISTED SONG and is out of the scope of the FESTIVAL.
- The minimum quality should be:
- Video File: QuickTime or mp4
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Frame Rate: 24, 25 or 30fps
- Codecs: H.264 with AAC
- All submissions must be sent to the FESTIVAL either:
- By using online submission platforms listed on the FESTIVAL’s website.
- By email to volume@MacauInternationalShortFilmFestival.com in combination with a web-based file transfer platform (e.g. ©Dropbox, ©WeTransfer) or file hosting service (e.g. ©Vimeo).
- By post to CREATIVE MACAU – P.O. BOX 759, MACAU. Parcels must arrive in the mailbox by 20th July 2021.
- The following items must be submitted and composed in ENGLISH with each submission:
- for online platforms:
Complete the fields in the platform, minimum information includes
1) MV title
4) Director’s Biography [max 40 words]
5) for non-LISTED SONG: BAND’s Biography [max 40 words]
6) Video file (720p or above, please refer to 3.9)
- for submission by email or post:
1) VOLUME SUBMISSION FORM – properly filled in capital letters and signed, downloadable on the FESTIVAL website.
3) Director’s Biography [max 40 words]
4) for non-LISTED SONG: BAND’s Biography [max 40 words]
5) Video file (720p or above, please refer to 3.9)
- for online platforms:
- Failure to comply or provide any of the required materials will result in disqualification.
- All third-party audio or visual material, legally owned or copyrighted, must be cited clearly during the on-screen credits sequence of the submitted MV. Submitters have to attach a proof of authorization from the third party upon request.
- By submitting a film to the FESTIVAL, submitters imply the acceptance of this Regulation.
- OFFICIAL SELECTION
- The FESTIVAL will notify ONLY the contact of the temporarily selected MVs in August 2021.
- Directors/Producers/Representatives of the temporarily selected films must submit the lyrics, with an English Translation, and an HQ version, within a designated period after being notified. Failing to submit the requested materials by the designated deadline will be automatically excluded from the OFFICIAL SELECTION
- By submitting the requested materials, Directors/ Producers/Representatives agree that the temporarily selected MVs be included in the FESTIVAL’s OFFICIAL SELECTION.
- Submitted version will be the final version for the public screening.
- JURY AND AWARDS
- The INTERNATIONAL JURY PANEL is composed of directors, producers and other professionals in the music industry. They will select the potential best MVs for OFFICIAL SELECTION as well as the potential best MVs for the PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS mentioned in 5.3.
- The GRAND JURY PANEL is composed of international experts to judge and decide among the short films in OFFICIAL SELECTION on the winner of each of the following awards:
- Best Music Video – MOP10,000
- Another July Panel composed of international experts will decide on the winner of the following PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS:
- Best Song
- Best Visual Effects
- There will be no appeal to the decision made by the FESTIVAL.
- The GRAND JURY PANEL and the FESTIVAL can also recognize any film with a special award.
- All winners will receive a TROPHY and a CERTIFICATE.
- All MVs in the OFFICIAL SELECTION will be presented to the mass media and be edited in the promotional videos (up to a maximum of 10% of the total duration of the work), exclusively for the promotion of the FESTIVAL.
- After the FESTIVAL, the MVs in OFFICIAL SELECTION may be screened in the FESTIVAL’s extensions in Macau and overseas film festivals, with prior consent of the directors/producers/representatives.
- GENERAL TERMS
- Only original MVs are admitted to the FESTIVAL.
- The FESTIVAL will not pay any screening rights fees for public exhibition of all MVs.
- Submitted MVs not in the OFFICIAL SELECTION might be included, with prior consent of the directors/producers/ representatives of the MV, in the EXPANDED CINEMA session of the FESTIVAL.
- The medium (USBs, DVDs, etc.) submitted will not be returned.
- Considering all legal issues, directors/producers/ representatives of the submitted MVs assume full responsibility. The FESTIVAL will decline any sort of responsibility regarding authorship issues.
- The FESTIVAL reserves the right to consider and decide on any substance not included in this Regulation.
- Winners receiving cash prizes requesting an overseas transfer and/or a payment in a foreign currency (other than MOP) are fully responsible for ANY taxes or fees applied during the transfer.
- In case of doubt or discrepancy, the Portuguese version of this Regulation shall prevail.